Kinderland Community Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Message from Executive Cindy Zingher

Go down

A Message from Executive Cindy Zingher Empty A Message from Executive Cindy Zingher

Post by Admin Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:29 pm

Dear Kinderland Family,

The results of this presidential election have given license to many to openly express racism, xenophobia, Islamophobia and misogyny. This has caused great concern to me and I am sure to all of you. This makes me think of our children and how all of this will affect them. And then I think about how I am the Camp Director of Camp Kinderland and that we are not powerless.

At Camp Kinderland, we help you raise your children with the values that we all stand for. We will work diligently to help your children know that they are not alone. We will fight to make our country a true democracy. We will make sure that all of our campers understand that we will not tolerate any bigotry and that Camp Kinderland is a place where everyone can be just who they are. We will teach that love is the answer, not hate. We will stand together as a united community. We will continue to teach our campers to speak up if they see someone being treated unfairly. We will continue to fight injustice everywhere. At Camp Kinderland we will continue to do what we do best. We will help you raise activists and the progressive leaders of tomorrow.

Dr. Martin Luther King told us that "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."

In Solidarity,
Cindy

Admin
Admin

https://campkinderland.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum